Sunday 1 February 2015

Coyhaique - Half Way on the Carretera

I've now reached Coyhaique, which marks approximately half way on the Carretera Austral! It's my first day off after 12 consecutive days of cycling. There's beautiful sunny weather and free accommodation at a casa ciclista, where I can camp in the back yard of a fellow cyclist along with about 8 others. It's a relaxed atmosphere and a good chance to catch up on the washing, bike maintenance, shopping, blog, diary...

I've made some great friends and am looking forward to the next part of the journey, following the southern part of the Carretera Austral to Bernhard O'Higgens.  I've ridden about 1150 km and still have about 2000 km to Ushuaia. 

Near Villa Amengual on the way to Coyhaique. 

Free camping with cycling friends. 

Approaching Villa Manihuales. 

In Villa Manihuales, motel and camping ground are combined. A random dump truck completes the look. 

Following the beautiful valley of the Rio Maniguales to Coyhaique. 

Making progress.

My route so far. It's the black line from Villarica to Coyhaique. 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment